Rate this photo:
Caption: 03/24/1941 - New Mills Street arcade and display windows of the White House Department Store are shown. Striking aluminum banding and joisting, coupled with heavy plate-glass give the four windows an ultra-modern appearance. The heavy plate glass door entering the men's wear department from the arcade is half-inch thick Herculized glass, drilled to allow placement of modernistic aluminum hardware. The building of the new arcade allows traffic to pass through to the Mills Building Lobby at night when the department store is closed. Modern fluorescent lighting is used in all four windows. The windows will be used exclusively for the display of men's clothing and footwear. Construction work has taken four weeks, and was done by H.T. Ponsford and Sons. The firm of Trost and Trost did the architectural work.
Album ID: 611291
Photo ID: 20740145
This is a low-resolution representation of a high-resolution photo suitable for print reproduction. If the image displayed above is color - the print will be color. If the image displayed above is black and white - the print will be black and white.
This preview does not represent high image quality of the products that can be ordered from this site.
Unauthorized reproduction of this image prohibited by law. Watermarks do not appear on the final product.